New Hope Transformed
Come and Grow With Us!
We're excited to tell you about what God is doing at New Hope . . . and how you can be a part of something big!
If you worship with us on Sunday, you will find a little space in the first service, but the second service is almost always full to capacity. More room is needed and a slight expansion of the worship center will provide more seats for more people. Along with that will be a new lobby area where we can fellowship with friends and visitors before and after the service. We'll provide additional parking, too, since we're overflowing a bit there, too!
Because of God’s obvious blessing on the ministries of New Hope, we have spent months assessing the needs, both present and future, and to review options for expansion of our facilities. After interviewing the heads of various ministries, considering possible pathways, and working with experienced church-designing architects, we have come up with a plan that, over time, will provide space from which the Body of Christ at New Hope Community Church can worship God, study the Word, encourage each other, serve those in need in our community, and share the Gospel message with those who are ready to hear, both here and around the world.
We are inviting you to come along on this journey as we anticipate what God will do.
This website is the place where you can find all the details concerning the plan for expansion and find updates on our progress toward seeing the plans become reality. Scroll down for details about the project and for FAQ's.
If you feel God is calling you to participate by supporting this project financially, please contact us at:
call us at (616) 363-2000
You can give online by clicking on the Give/Building Fund button below.
If you want to know more about New Hope Community Church, you can visit our main website at newhopecc.com.
Our New Look
Purpose: To glorify God and to serve him, his people, and those who need to know him in Rockford and around the world.
Method: To provide additional space for the operation and expansion of all aspects of the New Hope ministries.
- Children and youth: Our children’s and youth ministries are large and are growing. They have far outgrown the space they presently have, and there is an urgent need for more room. In addition to meeting space needs, the proposed expanded facilities will create opportunities for new and creative ways to reach more families and more of the teens of our area.
- Small group meeting space: New Hope has a shortage of places for small group meetings. The new plan accommodates that with seating in the lobby (much as we have now), a seating group in the concourse, an additional conference room in the office area, and three classrooms in KidZone that can be set up for group meetings of various sizes.
- Storage: We have very little storage in the present facility. The new plan provides for storage in each of the ministry areas to accommodate those needs.
Project: Renovation of the existing New Hope facility
- Office areas (moderate updates and expansion)
- Worship center (moderate refreshing and addition of 80-100 seats)
- Fire suppressant system for entire building
- Removal of existing lobby area
New addition will include:
- Relocated entrance with drive-up canopy
- Large, inviting lobby with concourse which will include:
- Coffee/snacks area
- Casual café seating
- Information area
- Access to KidZone sign-in
- Access to Hand2Hand resource space
- Access to kitchen which will serve both lobby and gym
- Access to restrooms
- One small group meeting space (2-6 people)
- Full-size gymnasium which will provide:
- Activity space for Rock and KidZone
- Opportunity to engage community with basketball leagues, pickleball courts, and other activities.
- Large meeting space for church events, dinners, etc.
- Addition of KidZone ministry space
- Nursery (ages 0-1)
- Toddlers room (ages 2-3)
- Designated classrooms for ages 4, 5, and 6
- Connect room for sensory-sensitive children
- Secured entry for all KidZone space
- Kids’ bathrooms within the secured space
- Addition of meeting and activity space for Rock
- Rock will continue to use the existing worship center for their large group meetings.
- The gym will be the primary area for their group activities.
- Small group meeting spaces will be available in the KidZone area as well as the lobby and concourse.
- Site work to comply with current ordinances
1. What are the goals of the Transformed and Renewed Campaign?
This is the third and final step in our multi-year vision of Transformation, To Transform our Church Facility and Team.
In July 2022 we said, “We trust God to fill New Hope to capacity and by 2025 transform our facility and team to meet the increased attendance and ministry needs.”
2. Why are we launching this campaign right now?
We have reached our capacity to minister to people in our current space and structure.
3. What parts of our facility and team are being Transformed and Renewed?
We’re transforming our entrance, lobby, KidZone, classrooms, meeting rooms, kitchen area, office space, sanctuary, parking, and fire safety system. And we’re adding a gymnasium.
4. How much will this cost?
This transformation of our church facility and team will cost
5. How are we going to pay for this?
We have saved $1.4m in our building fund to pay for this. We’re asking you, our church members, attendees, and friends to help pay for the rest.
We also acknowledge that since all our money comes from God, each of us is accountable to God for how we steward the resources that he’s provided to us during our lifetime.
So please ask God how much you can give to New Hope Community Church for the Transformed and Renewed campaign, perhaps in conjunction with reading Romans 12. Then give as much as he leads you to.
7. What happens if we don’t reach $4.6m by the end of January?
If we do not have $4.6m raised by the end of January, the Transformed and Renewed campaign will continue.
8. How can I receive updates on where we stand toward reaching $4.6m?
We’ll be updating you frequently from the pulpit, on this website, at a table in the lobby, and in charts around the building.
You can also call the church office anytime and request a one-on-one phone call or in-person meeting with a member of our Campaign Committee.
9. How are we addressing the need for more parking and sanctuary space?
We are adding a number of new parking spaces in the spring and expanding the current seating in our sanctuary by about one third.
After this campaign is completed, we are planning to address the need for a new sanctuary and even more parking.
10. Why aren’t we addressing the need for more parking and a new sanctuary now?
We’re addressing our most urgent needs first. Those needs are more space for our children’s and youth ministries, more space for our entrance and lobby areas, more space for ministry meetings, and more space for offices.
11. Why are we building a gymnasium now? What makes it urgent?
The New Hope Community Church gym is a cost-effective solution that adds an abundance of recreational space for our youth and adult ministry members and guests.
The gym will be a space that also opens new windows for New Hope fellowship, discipleship, and community outreach through recreational events and leagues, conferences, church family dinners and other creative in-house and community events for decades to come.
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies
as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern
what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."